FAMUR S.A. and the Polish Development Fund have signed today an agreement of joint investing in Mining Equipment Finance Sp. z o.o. The main business area of the FAMUR Group company is financing strategic investments in terms of modernization of the mining and power energy sectors. These investments are implemented by domestic mining companies. Indirectly, the project will contribute to accelerate the growth rate of efficiency and safety of raw materials extraction in Poland.
- The cooperation between the FAMUR Group and the Polish Development Fund is a combination of forces of an active company with the flagship development institution of an increasingly enterprising state. The domestic sector of mining machinery and equipment may become one of the world champions over a span of several years, and FAMUR, by adapting its offer to the realities of Industry 4.0, has the opportunity to effectively compete with the largest global players - adds Deputy Minister of Development, Jadwiga Emilewicz.
-The extensive portfolio of technologically advanced machines and modern solutions have enabled the FAMUR Group to be a significant partner in the process of the mining industry modernization in Poland for many years. Through collaboration with the Polish Development Fund, we are gaining a new tool within financial processing of significant investment projects in the mining and power sectors. We believe that it will have a positive impact on the pace of modernization of domestic mining companies - says Mirosław Bendzera, CEO of FAMUR S.A.
- Our intention is to increase efficiency and safety, as well as to support R&D activities and innovation implementations in the industry - he adds.
- Through the integration of FAMUR and Kopex, a strong Polish company with a leading position on the international mining machinery market has been created. The PFR Group is interested in supporting such dynamically growing companies in their international expansion. The joint project of FAMUR and the Polish Development Fund is intended to build innovative and convenient forms of financing for customers of mining machinery investments, and the Polish sector may also benefit from it - says Paweł Borys, President of the Management Board of the Polish Development Fund.
The project consists in collaboration between FAMUR and the Polish Development Fund in terms of providing and financing the purchase of mining machines produced by FAMUR, through the Mining Equipment Finance special purpose vehicle.
- Today’s transaction is the beginning of cooperation between the Polish Development Fund and Famur, the Polish market leading manufacturer of mining machinery. We believe that our cooperation will contribute to the establishment of the first Polish industrial group with a strong position on global markets - says Marcin Piasecki, Vice-President of the Polish Development Fund in charge of investments.
In accordance with the agreement, FAMUR and the Polish Development Fund will participate in financing projects launched within the company, and each involvement of funds will require the consent of the Supervisory Board to be composed of representatives of the two investors.
- The paradigm of the current economic model and stable economic growth is the cooperation of state institutions and private entrepreneurs. Opening a new area of joint activity by FAMUR and the Polish Development Fund is compliant with the assumptions of the Plan of Deputy Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and will allow for significant acceleration of investments in the mining and power sectors; and thus, also for implementing one of the elements of the long-term vision of Poland’s development,” says Mirosław Bendzera. “Increasing emphasis on the development of innovation and consequently the transformation of the mining industry towards a diversified, technologically advanced Industry 4.0 is one of the most important areas we intend to support,” sums up Mirosław Bendzera.
FAMUR S.A. . is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of machines and systems used in underground mining based on long-wall excavation. For more than 100 years, the FAMUR Group offers solutions for mining industry. The main areas of activity are: underground and opencast mining, transport, bulk materials handling and energy. Since 2006, FAMUR S.A. has been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. TDJ Equity I Sp. z o.o., a subsidiary of TDJ S.A., is the company’s majority shareholder. For more information, visit: www.famur.com
The Polish Development Fund Group is a group of financial institutions offering instruments supporting the development of enterprises, local governments and individuals, investing in sustainable social and economic development. It has a professional team and follows top international standards. PFR’s mission is to implement programs which improve the long-term investment and economic potential of Poland, foster equal opportunities and environmental protection. For more information, visit: www.pfr.pl
TDJ S.A. is a Polish family-owned investment company. TDJ Equity is currently the largest investment department including among others the companies listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange: FAMUR S.A., Kopex S.A., Zamet Industry S.A. and PGO S.A. as well as private companies, such as FPM S.A. and NiUW “Glinik”. The TDJ Group also acts within the sector of residential and commercial real estate, through TDJ Estate. The Venture area is a new field for investment activity through participation in the TDJ Pitango Ventures fund. TDJ shares its successes by implementing activities regarding corporate social responsibility under which TDJ Foundation implements various projects focused on supporting education and personal development of children and youth. For more information, visit: www.tdj.pl